Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Everything Gets Better with Time

Or maybe not.  But my editing certainly has, and software has improved too.  The upper image is a shot I took in 2006, edited as well as I could at the time using DxO Optics Pro and Photoshop.

These days I do my conversions in Lightroom instead of DxO, and my Photoshop skills have improved, also.  The lower image, which I reprocessed today, shows the scene more as I saw it that day in 2006.

A couple of thoughts.  First, always shoot in RAW so that you can take advantage of all the improvements that come down the pike as time goes by.  Second, hang on to images that look like they have potential, even if you don't know how to realize that potential today.  You might learn tomorrow.

(Note:  I did choose a different frame to work with today, but the earlier frame was similar in exposure, etc.)


2 comments:

portlandtimbo said...

Where was this? Canada? it's awesome!

Ash Creek Photo said...

Oops - it's Mount Rundle, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada.